WRITE YOURSELF TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE!
The National Pork Producers Council is pleased to announce the 2012 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship Program administered by the National Pork Producers Council.
Introduced in 1990 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Live Hog Futures, the Pork Industry Scholarship Program continues to recognize outstanding youth in the pork community. Four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry-talented and thoughtful students who may emerge as industry leaders someday.
To be eligible applicants must:
1. Be an undergraduate student in a two-year swine program or four-year college of agriculture;
2. Write a brief letter indicating what role you see yourself playing in the pork industry after graduation;
3. Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue you see confronting the pork industry today or in the future – and offer your solutions;
4. Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals;
5. Prepare a cover sheet including:’
b. Complete mailing address, telephone number, and email address
c. School name
d. Year in school
e. Permanent mailing address and telephone number
f. Social Security Number
6. Submit the above items in a single envelope to:
National Pork Producers Council
ATTN: Craig Boelling
PO Box 10383
Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9960
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: All entries must be postmarked by January 20, 2012.
The National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) will administer the program, read the essays and select the winners. Essays will be judged on the basis of clarity or expression, persuasiveness, originality and relevance of topic. Winners will be announced at the Pork Industry Forum in Denver, CO, March 1-3, 2012. NPPC reserves the right to publish any or parts of the essays submitted.
For additional information, please contact Craig Boelling at 515.278.8012 or email@example.com.