Meet the Interns - Corey Carpenter




Greetings from the sunshine state! It is my distinct honor and privilege to introduce myself to you as the 2012 Field Staff Intern! To be granted the opportunity to serve you, the members of the NSR, is a true gift. My intentions are to bring a unique and valuable skill set to the NSR, which can be utilized in such a way that is profitable for everyone involved.

My story may start off like many other young adults involved in the swine industry, but it’s comes with an interesting twist. Being from California, I’ll be the first one to admit hogs aren’t exactly our state’s number one commodity. Although this may be the situation, that does not make my passion for hogs any less. Growing up on a hog and dairy farm, two things were readily instilled in me – work ethic and a love for agriculture. Those two traits created the perfect foundation for me to start my journey in agriculture. Farming has always been a way of life for our family, and it is my pledge to continue that tradition.

As I continue my education this coming fall at California State University, Chico, I look forward to the opportunities in my future. After I graduate with a B.S. in animal science in the spring of 2013, I plan to begin studying monogastric nutrition. Although I plan to attend Oklahoma State University for my graduate degree, I will apply to a few other universities as well. Nutrition has always been a strong interest of mine, and it has always come relatively easy to me. I love hogs, I love feeding hogs, and I am a firm believer that when you love what you do, success is second nature. Although these are a few of my ultimate goals and ambitions, I don’t plan to limit myself in any one aspect. Opportunities are notorious for arising in places you may have never imagined.

Working alongside some of the most brilliant people in the business here at NSR, while having the opportunity to serve our members, will undoubtedly be my most memorable experience in the swine industry to date. I hope that my time here leaves a positive impact on an ever-changing industry. I hope to see each and every one of you at the shows this summer. Please do not hesitate to say hello or contact me in anyway. Good luck to everyone showing in Des Moines next week, and we will see you there!

Corey Carpenter
2012 Field Staff Intern



No comments:

Post a Comment